Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vegie Garden



Steve and I have been trying to fix up the garden lately. The back yard in our new place is pretty big and the people who used to own would have had it really nice at one stage but the house was left empty for a couple of years before we bought it so now there is a lot of work to be done. All the garden beds and paths are there, we just have to clean it up. Steve has been digging out one garden bed a week and we have planted quite a few vegies and herbs. My mum gave me a tonne of seedlings for my birthday, so we have celery, beetroot, rhubarb, spring onions, spinach, bok choy and lettuce plus I got a few different types of berries and mint, thyme and coriander. Oh and of course we have tomatoes as well. Steve is planning on digging out another garden bed and planting even more tomatoes because he has decided that he might have a hidden talent for making chutney. I just want to eat home grown tomato slices on really nice bread. We got the huge ox heart tomatoes, mmm, i can't wait. I'd like to plant some carrots too, i never liked carrots much until i had a homegrown one a couple of years ago.

I took a photo of one of the paths that steve "escavated". Someone put a lot of effort into making all these paths. and i also took a pic of some of our baby vegies

0 comments: