Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm back!




It has been forever since i have posted anything on here. I have been really lazy, well kind of. I have been busy and just haven't had the energy to write anything when i have had spare time. My biggest news.............Beatrice has arrived! I am very in love with this little girl. She is so cute and perfect in every way! I will be sure to post lots of photos on here.

So my nesting instinct hasn't gone away yet, i'm not sure if it supposed to or not. but then again, i've always had a tendency to nest and decorate my houses even before i had a baby. I have been etsy crazy lately. i haven't bought anything because we are a bit broke and trying to catch up on bills but it's a great place for getting more and more ideas.

Mostly my ideas are based on decorating beatrice's room or on clothes for me. Now that i can get back into my clothes, i'm feeling a need for a revamp of my wardrobe. i decluttered quite a few clothes when i got back from hospital. all my clothes were looking terrible, i haven't bought anything new in years, half of my wardrobe was made up of painting and gardening clothes...not a very good look! I am planning a mini spending spree for next year, i am after a couple of dresses. I want steve to get some new clothes too. In the meantime, i am finally wearing the few nice clothes that i do have that for some unknown reason i have never got round to wearing. I think it had a lot to do with work being so messy...but now i don't have to work! yay!

Beatrice is also looking very cute in her clothes. she is vintage baby today. i've posted a photo of her vintage outfit, her booties that grannie gave her are the sweetest. I don't know what steve really thought of her outfit, he said she was very cute and started calling her vintage baby but i have a feeling he thinks i'm nuts!

Beatrice's room is still a bit of a mess. Although it is a lot better than what it was. It got really messy while i was in hospital because my dad and his family were staying plus i have a storage problem. Well, i did have a storage problem. It is nearly resolved now. There was a house around the corner from us that had a garage sale last weekend and i noticed that they dumped a whole lot of furniture that didn't sell on the footpath, so i sent steve around to steal the lowboy! haha! scummy i know, but we can't afford to buy me a linen cupboard so this is great! I can use it for the huge stash of linen that ma gave me. I am thinking i might paint it a pale colour, maybe very pale cream or green or maybe even pink? i'm not sure yet and then i may paint a cherry blossom tree or some birds on it. I will have to contemplate it longer to decide how i am going to paint it.

In the meantime, while i contemplate, i have a billion other ideas of thing that i am keen to try and make. A mobile for above beatrice's bassinette is one and a shadow box for her wall. Her room is going to keep me occupied for a long time!

0 comments: